Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sooji Matar Dhokla -Potluck Event

Hello Friends!!!!


Here I have made dhokla using microwave method since I didn't have steam support plate for holding the dhokla/dhokla stand.I had decided to use in Microwave Method...My dhokla has turned out red because of microwave method and used baking soda since I didn't get ENO fruit salt. I had adjusted it to get an exact dhokla.

I had followed the recipe of Jagruti's Sooji matar dhokla...You can follow her blog and here I made it for potluck event!!!

Recipe Source : Sooji Matar Dhokla by Jagruti.





Here are the ingredients:


  • 1 cup Sooji/Semolina
  • 1 Cup sour buttermilk(Used 1/2 cup curd plus 1/2 cup water)
  • 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
  • 1/4 cup lightly mashed green peas boiled.
  • 1 Tbsp Besan flour
  • 1 Tbsp Rice flour
  • 1 Tbsp ENO Fruit salt( Since I didn't get it. so I had used 1 /2 Tsp baking soda and 1 Tbsp Lemon juice)
  • 2 to 3 Tbsp Freshly grated ginger and green chillies puree(about 4 to 5 or depends on your spiciness)
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 Tbsp Oil
Tempering Tadka Ingredients:
  • 2 to 3 Tbsp Oil
  • 1 Tbsp Mustard seeds
  • 1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
  • Few Curry leaves
  • 2 to 3 Slit green chillies
  • 2 Tbsp grated Coconut
  • Water
  • Handful of Chopped Coriander leaves
  • 2 to 3 Red chillies
  • Asafoetidia(Optional)


Method:


  1. Mix all the ingredients except Tempering in a large bowl.
  2. Whisk well until no lumps are found.Keep aside for 10 minutes.Add the mashed green peas to it and mix well
  3. Keep aside for 5 minutes
  4. Grease the oil in microwave safe bowl and transfer the batter to it.
  5. Allow it to cook on High heat for about 1 to 3 minutes.Each minute check once.
  6. Insert the tooth pick/knife into the bowl once it is cleaned or microwave it for about 1 min or 30 seconds or so.
  7. Once it is done,
  8. Take a frying pan ,add all the tempering ingredients except coconut and coriander.
  9. Pour into the dhokla bowl on the top.
  10. Garnish it with coconut and coriander leaves
  11. Cut into desired shapes as you like,
  12. Serve it with mint chutney.

Enjoyy!!!


Linking this entry to Potluck event Party!




3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! :) I look forward to hearing from you of any commrnts on my blog ,suggestions and requests Please follow my blog..
Feel free to email me @ tangymindsachu@gmail.com